Tuesday, May 10, 2022

An Actual Rest Day

 Bon jour, mes amies,

An interesting morning.  The power kept going off for a minute or so, but then the internet would stay off for longer.  I have never had that happen in a hotel.  This went on for about half an hour.  The microwave clock still hasn't recovered.

I was really tired yesterday and slept a lot, but when I woke up, I didn't feel great.  Don't worry--no Covid here, it's my elderly and fragile digestion.  By the time I started to feel better, it was time for the bike race.

Speaking of cycling, in my wanderings around the city I come across adds for familiar companies.  Oh, they sponsor a cycling team!  Even Burger King is a minor sponsor of one of the teams.  The name is emblazoned across the riders' butts.

I have had some of the lovely, but stinky Livarot, and some olives, and now I'm going to recruit my forces with some green tea.  I'll probably have pasta for dinner.

The riders are going up Mount Etna in Sicily.  Evidently the (extremely) active volcano is a major tourist attraction.  It's one that I would gladly miss were I ever to have the privilege of visiting the island.

A demain

No comments:

Post a Comment