Saturday, May 11, 2024

Somthing a Bit Different

 

Buon Giorno,

As you can see from the photo I took a walk in a park.  But it turned hot today, and I'm tired. I have had my water and taken off my contacts and shoes, and I'm ready to dive into my apero.  I'm having the frizzante red wine and that cheese from Piedmont I like so much.

I passed several palazzi on my way, but they are not open to the public at this time being municipal offices or in one case a Very Fancy Hotel with a stern looking doorman.  It was all uphill, and this is hard for me, but I can congratulate myself on getting fitter.

I went through Piazza Ferrari and found Via Roma after a couple of false starts. This is a big shopping district, and the streets are wider and traffic laden with honking and sirens and all the bru ha ha of an Italian city center,  I'm glad I live in a different neighborhood.

I visited the Galleria Giuseppe Mazzini, which was supposed to be very cool and worth seeing. I was frankly unimpressed.  Hon, I've been to Milan and Torino. Your mall doesn't do it for me, and the stores are a lot more fun down in the alleys of the historic center.

I proceeded--uphill and having to deal with major traffic. At one point I had to take a subway which is what Europeans call a passage under a road.  But I was after some greenery.  After all the cityness, I was craving some open space as well as trees and water.  The place is called Villetta di Negro--I don't know why--Negro simply means black in Italian.  There was more walking up hill, and some of the park was closed off, but I did find a bench where I was away from traffic noise and could enjoy the sound of falling water.

Fortunately the way home was downhill, and I took the long way around even though it was getting hot. 29 Celsius is 84 F.  I have learned of necessity to be (imperfectly) bilingual in both metric and celsius.

Back in the shady alleys, I happily licked windows, and treated myself to some orange liqueur, which I'll try another day,  I also went back to my favorite farinata shop, so breakfast is provided for.

For dinner I did an experiment. I made a tuna-pesto sauce to go with my pasta created by mushing up the tuna with some pesto and adding a bit of pasta water. Let's try it shall we?  Very nice! Clearly I am a culinary genius--except I can't help thinking it's such an obvious combination that someone thought of it before

Ciao for now

No comments:

Post a Comment