Goden Dag,
So far no one has recoiled horror due to my appearance, but I'm keeping my glasses on just in case.
I have a recurring nightmare in relation to my trips. I dream that I arrive at the airport to check in for my flight then realizing I've forgotten to pack and all my stuff is still at the hotel. Well, today I managed to leave my cell phone behind. Lack of cell phone was a worse handicap than the wonky eye.
I overslept! I guess I needed it, but I still had plenty of time to pack and clean up. I needed to give myself a solid cushion to get through EES and maybe get some shopping in at the airport. I did have to ask for help a couple of times because the signs were hard for me to read.
Because I am a business class passenger I got special treatment in the form of a priority security line and EES, so it was quick and smooth. I had to show my boarding pass to the guys at the priority gate. "Los Angeles!" they exclaimed, "Take me with you." I get this reaction All The Time, and I don't get it. They live in Europe, and I pay good money to leave LA. I told them "Of course, but make sure to wear your sunscreen."
I was glad to be in the lounge. I was dehydrated and had at least three glasses of water. I did stop to to buy chocs for my friends. I know they don't care, but I'm disappointed in this season's paltry trip gifts.
The flight was very nice flight. I tried KLM's mocktail, the Flying Blue Legend, and it was refreshing. The photo is of the newly designed amenity kit and its contents in association with Dutch luxury brand Marie Stella Maris, which sounds awfully Catholic for the Protestant Netherlands. I especially appreciate the cute little pen, and I can use the socks and creams. Business class passengers are also presented with "Delft Blue" houses modeled on actual canal houses in Amsterdam. This is the one I picked.
I'd preordered my dinner. Here's where I really regret the absence of cell phone. I was served an exquisite amuse bouche--some kind of mousse, covered with cucumber paste and decorated with fish roe. It was lovely. Salmon was my main course. Then I had Dutch cheese. The problem is I eat so well for the first meal, that I have no appetite for the second. I had some tea and picked at the chicken and rice.
Our pilot was a bit of a wag. Since KLM is an Air France Partner there were many French folk aboard, so he made a point of announcing that Spain had defeated France. His expressed sympathy sounded a bit phony.
No phone means no way to order Lyft, and I wasted a lot of time trying to use my email. Fine. I took a taxi home--a long hot journey during rush hour.
The nice folks at Citadines are going to rush me my phone. I am like a lot of other people--dependent on technology. And the phone finally arrived after being held up at U.S. Customs for five days. Sigh.
Oh, and I saw the eye doctor and my poor old eye is on the mend.
Until Next Time!
No comments:
Post a Comment